Who we are
WOIOS is an online shop based in Germany and our website address is: https://woios.com. The website is operated by C&M Buy & Sell registered in Germany under Comercial Register Number 1676505 IHK Nord Westfalen and have the registered office at Jöbkesweg 5a, 48599 Gronau, North Rhine–Westphalia. The VAT-ID is DE340263538.
We respect your privacy and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party. We do not tolerate spam and will never send you unsolicited email. Financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date) is used only to charge you for the products you are purchasing.
What rights you have over your personal data
You have the following legal rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
To exercise any or all of these rights, please contact us. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you, but you also have the legal right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority (the Data Protection Authority).
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you edit or publish a comment, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
What personal data we collect
• Identity Data includes information such as: first name and last name.
• Contact Data includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country or telephone number.
• Financial Data includes information such as: payment card details or bank account.
• Transaction Data includes information such as: details of your orders and the fulfilment of your order (such as order number, title, currency, discounts, delivery (including tracking info, order status), payments, number of items, product number.
• Technical Data includes information such as: details of the device you use to access our services, your IP address, login data, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform used.
• Profile Data includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, product and style interests and preferences.
• Usage Data includes information such as: how and when you use our website, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website performance statistics, traffic, location.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We DO NOT collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (details about your ethnicity or race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health, genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How long we retain your data
We keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations.
We retain completed orders details for 12 months. For pending orders, failed orders and cancelled orders we retain their details for 3 months. Also, for inactive accounts we keep the details for 6 months.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
How your personal data is being used
• to assist with any queries or complaints you may have about our products
• to create an account and register you as a new customer
• to process and deliver your order (recording your order details, informing you about the order status, process payments and refunds, collect the payment)
• to deliver relevant website content and online ads for you
• to use data analytics to improve our online shop, products, services, marketing and customer experiences
• to remind you by email of any task which remains uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned carts
• to recommend products, services discounts and offers that may be of interest to you
• to protect our customers and our online shop from fraud and theft.
Who we share your data with
We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any person or company except where you have given us permission to do so or if the law requires it. We may disclose and share your personal data with business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business, such as:
• third party service providers that we engage to provide IT software and to host our website;
• third party payment processing services to process your payment to us. WOIOS does not store your payment information, your payment details are provided to the payment processing service you have selected.
• third party services providers of marketing and advertising services;
• third party service providers that we engage to deliver products ordered by you (or to manage returns);
• third party service providers that we engage to send emails on our behalf including in relation to abandoned carts, incomplete orders or marketing and advertising services;
• analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimize our website;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to law enforcement agencies in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Comments and Media
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use online advertising to help you find our products and offers. Like most online shops, we may target WOIOS banners and ads to you when you use other websites or apps, based on your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by reputable websites such as Google and Facebook.
In order to opt out of targeted advertising you need to disable the cookies in your browser settings. As an added privacy measure, you can also use the Digital Advertising Alliance`s tool called WebChoices that can perform a quick scan of your computer, find out which participating companies have enabled personalized ads for your browser and then adjust your browser preferences.